A "Dirty Martini" is a vodka or gin martini that is made with a splash of olive juice. Martinis were traditionally made only with gin, however there has been a shift towards vodka, so either are okay to use in this recipe.
We kick it up by using our "enfuso dirty martini mix" which is made from the juice of the olive formed during long curing. The result is extra salty, briney, olivy and intense.
The steps for making this classic cocktail:
- Add ice to a cocktail shaker so it starts to chill
- Freeze a martini glass to keep the drink chilled.
- Add the 2.5 ounces of vodka or gin, splash (or 1/2 ounce) of vermouth, and splash (or 1/2 ounce) of enfuso dirty martini mix to a cocktail shaker.
- Close the shaker and vigorously shake the cocktail for 5-10 seconds.
- Strain into the martini glass.
- Optionally garnish with a green olive.