Three healthy biotics in one soup ... celery, rosemary and yogurt!
Celery with its very high fiber is a good pre-biotic - even beneficial when souped! There is evidence that the oils of certain herbs (including rosemary) are also feeding that gut healthy bacteria. And yogurt with its active "good bacteria" adds to a healthy gut environment.
1. Wash all of a large stock of celery including the leaves and cut in large chunks. Reserve a few ends for garnish.
2. Place celery in a soup pot and just barely cover with 1/2 water and 1/2 vegetable broth.
2. Bring to a boil, reduce to simmer, and cook slowly until celery is fork tender. (Add water if liquid runs very low.)
3. Place 1/2 of the cooked celery and broth in a blender with 1/2 cup of Greek style yogurt and two tablespoons of enFuso rosemary olive oil. Blend until smooth.
4. Repeat step 3 with second 1/2 of cooked celery and broth.
5. Serve warm with a dollop of yogurt, fresh cracked pepper, and leafy celery for garnish.
A satisfying lunch when served with hearty whole grain bread or a good starter for a healthy dinner.