This recipe comes from our caterer friend Rich, who owns a cafe in Costa Mesa and plans to be using enFuso Smoked Olive Oil to enhance many of his recipes. The first one he offered is his healthy turkey meatloaf. We tested this recipe at home, and it's delicious!
What you will need:
- 1 package lean ground turkey (20-24 ounces)
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 cups of bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/8 cup mustard
- 3 tablespoons enFuso smoked olive oil (Rich prefers our Buttery Late Harvest, but any will work)
- Salt and pepper
- 2-3 shakes Worcestershire sauce
- 1-3 celery stalks, chopped (optional for extra crunch)
- A pinch of dried or freshly chopped herbs, such as thyme or rosemary
Place all ingredients in a large bowl and mix together. Form into a loaf and then place on an open pan or on a grill over an open pan. This is important because it will allow any grease or fat to render and drain versus having it cook in its own fat. Bake at 400 degrees for 50-60 minutes until center measures 155-160 degrees. Remove from oven and allow to rest for about 10 minutes. Slice and serve.
Optional notes: If you want a less crunchy meatloaf, you can saute the veggies first. You can also create a nice glaze using ketchup, a little Worcestershire, a little brown sugar and then brushing the top of the loaf before baking.